1. Need help? If you can't find your answer with a forum search, click here to open a ticket or here to send us a pm!
  2. Participate at Advertising done right v2 event for a chance to get 500 XP every week! Read more...
  3. Looking for help ingame? Here's a list with all staff members : Staff Members List
  4. Hi, Guest ! Please take a few minutes to read our In-Game Rules and Forum Rules.

Advertising done right v2

Discussion in 'Event Information' started by MuP, Mar 28, 2016.

1. MuP

MuP Mahna Mahna...m Staff Member

Guild:
    GoDLikE
    IGN:
    [GM]Mup

The first part of Advertising Done Right Event is now over, to keep things interesting we've come with a different idea.​

We saw that many of you are having difficulties finding forums to post on so, we've selected 4 of the most relevant forums related to Silkroad Online and created a thread on each one of them.

Here are the links to the threads: Rune-Server, Silkroadforums, rev6 and elitepvpers.

If you know any forums where we can advertise without any problems (thread being removed, accounts being banned) please let us know. Also, if you know forums where we can advertise but the main language is not english, we'll be glad to collaborate (XP Reward) with you to translate our thread and to post it on those forums.

What's the idea with this "new" event?

The main idea is to keep the thread "up" in the category list and to do that we'll have to post replies from time to time.
    This will generate interest on the thread and with some luck... interest on our server which means more players around.
    And because you're helping us we'll reward you with a small amount of XP every week.

What can I post and what do I receive for doing it?

Talk about our server! Your experience on Silkroad.WS, problems and how you've solved them, about your latest alchemy successes or fails, help other people who may show interest into playing on our server. This means no spam, trolling, multi-posting or off-topic replies.

Here you have a few examples if you don't have any ideea.

Replies examples (do not copy) (open)
    Good example.
    Bad Example.

I've started to play one month ago, I didn't understand how Rebirths System works
    but one of the staff members explained it to me, now I have 450 Rebirths and I've made a new friend!

This is the best server ever, xoxo!!!1!

I was going through a bad period of time after a knee medical intervention,
    I couldn't walk so I chose to play Silkroad to kill my time, after a few searches I've found Silkroad.WS.
    It made staying inside pleasant for me and I found a bunch of interesting people here.

I don't usually play on private servers, but when I do is on Silkroad.WS.

Gud svr, me like! Join, join!

I like turtles!

What can I say, they have daily events and the server is 4 years old.

Mup, me post here for xp?

Good rates, rebirthing can be boring sometimes but it makes you stronger.

Here nup, me posted. Gave XP please.

Did any of you guys participated at LMS? It's amazing, I believe that
    professionally scripted events are a must need feature for Silkroad Online Servers.

Good gm made event post to xp, join brothers!!

Buuuuuuuuump!!! Yeah we're first, suckerssss!!!!

Alchemy is soooo addictive on Silkroad.WS, my first attempt was to upgrade my bow, I made it +9 without failing
    and when I've tried for +10 it failed and the item was destroyed (I didn't had an immortal stone),
    I didn't want to give up and for the next month I worked hard, now I have a +18 bow.

I've lost my girlfriend but I've found a new passion! Thanks Silkroad.WS!

Every player can post 5 replies per week (5 total) and if you respect the posting rules presented above (no spam, trolling, multi-posting or off-topic messages) you will receive 500 XP every week (100 XP for each forum each valid thread reply on any of the selected forums).

But, MuP... this is too much work for 500 XP. Not fair! If this goes well, I promise to increase the rewards. And if this goes GREAT I'll keep this event active permanently, just like Bot Hunting Season used to be. Remember how hard it was to record videos? And it took some of you one week to start posting video after video? I strongly believe that you guys will find a way to do it fast and easy after a while.

How to register on each forum.

You'll have to register an account on each forum, the registration process is simple and it usually takes 5 minutes (damn you silkroadforums) before you can start postings.
    Below you have 4 tutorials for each forum. :)

Rune-Server (open)
    1. Go to http://www.rune-server.org/register.php

2. Write your username, it can be your ingame name or something else.

[​IMG]

3. Choose a password you can easily remember (don't use the one you're using on silkroad.ws).

[​IMG]

4. Write your email address, it must be a valid email address because you'll get a registration confirmation email.

[​IMG]

5. Read the question and write the answer, if you don't understand
    the question you can refresh the page
    to get a new one, for me the answer was nitellubv

[​IMG]

6. Delete "c" and write "b", pay attention because it can be different for you.

[​IMG]

7. Ignore this part completely.

[​IMG]

8. Accept Rune-Server forum rules.

[​IMG]

9. Click on the Complete Registration and check your email address.

[​IMG]

Silkroadforums (open)
    1. Go to http://www.silkroadforums.com/ucp.php?mode=register

2. Accept the terms and conditions click on I agree to these terms.

[​IMG]

3. Write your username, it can be your ingame name or something else.

[​IMG]

4. Write your email address, it must be a valid email address because you'll get a registration confirmation email.

[​IMG]

5. Choose a password you can easily remember (don't use the one you're using on silkroad.ws).

[​IMG]

6. Ignore this part.

[​IMG]

7. Write the confirmation code from the image above, if you can't understand anything refresh the page.

[​IMG]

8. Click on the Submit button and check your email address (also check spam).
    [​IMG]

You'll have to wait 24 hours, upload an avatar and set your location before you can start posting.

You can set your location on this page : http://www.silkroadforums.com/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=profile_info

[​IMG]

You can upload an avatar on this page : http://www.silkroadforums.com/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar

rev6 (open)
    1. Got to http://www.rev6.com/forum/register.php

2. Write your username, it can be your ingame name or something else.

[​IMG]

3. Choose a password you can easily remember (don't use the one you're using on silkroad.ws).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Read the question and write the answer, if you don't understand
    the question you can refresh
    the page to get a new one, for me the answer was silkroad.

[​IMG]

6. Delete "a" and write "s", pay attention because it can be different for you.

[​IMG]

7. Ignore this part completely.

[​IMG]

8. Accept Rev6 forum rules.

[​IMG]

9. Click on the Complete Registration and check your email address for the account activation email.

[​IMG]

elitepvpers (open)
    1. Go to http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/register.php

2. Accept elitepvpers rules (note: you're not allowed to create 2 accounts on elitepvepers, check old id/pass first) and click on Register Button.

[​IMG]

3. Write your username, it can be your ingame name or something else.

[​IMG]

4. Choose a password you can easily remember (don't use the one you're using on silkroad.ws).

[​IMG]

5. Write your email address, it must be a valid email address because you'll get a registration confirmation email.

[​IMG]

6. Click on the Reveal button and solve the human verification captcha.

7. Write the abbreviation for elitepvpers, which is epvp.

[​IMG]

8. Ignore this part completely.

[​IMG]

9. Click on the Complete Registration and check your email address for the account activation email.

[​IMG]

I've posted 5 replies, what to do now?

Now this part a bit tricky, especially for silkroadforums but I'll explain it below.
    Reply on this thread using the template below:
    Code:
    Character name:

Links to your replies on forums.

Here's an example of posting on this thread after you're done posting on the forums.

How to get the links to your thread replies.

Now this step is necessary for the part above, it can be quite tricky because the links to posts replies aren't meant to be seen or used so often.
    Put your glasses on and check the tutorials below.

Rune-Server (open)
    1. Locate thread reply noumber.

[​IMG]

2. Right click on it and copy the link.

Silkraodforums (open)

[​IMG]

rev6 (open)

[​IMG]

elitepvpers (open)

[​IMG]

I think that's it for now, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. :D
    Let the spam posting begin! :awesome:
    _Almasry_ likes this.
  2. ninzwapo

ninzwapo New Member

Server:
    Rebirth
    Guild:
    Ancientz
    IGN:
    LuffySenpai
    Race:
    European
  3. MuP

MuP Mahna Mahna...m Staff Member

Guild:
    GoDLikE
    IGN:
    [GM]Mup
  4. ninzwapo

ninzwapo New Member

Server:
    Rebirth
    Guild:
    Ancientz
    IGN:
    LuffySenpai
    Race:
    European
  5. ventje33

ventje33 You cannot change what you refuse to confront.

Server:
    Rebirth
    IGN:
    ventje33
    Rebirths:
    Race:
    European
  6. laito96

laito96 New Member

Server:
    Rebirth
    Guild: