1. Need help? If you can't find your answer with a forum search, click here to open a ticket or here to send us a pm!
  2. Participate at Advertising done right v2 event for a chance to get 500 XP every week! Read more...
  3. Looking for help ingame? Here's a list with all staff members : Staff Members List
  4. Hi, Guest ! Please take a few minutes to read our In-Game Rules and Forum Rules.

Adding Development Section to the forums

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by redsees, May 8, 2016.

1. redsees

redsees 0xCC00FFEE

Server:
    Rebirth
    IGN:
    Jackies
    Rebirths:
    Race:
    European
    Hello Silkroad WS,

Wanted to suggest adding a Silkroad development section in the forums. The last couple of days, I've did a few reverse engineering and analysis on Silkroad communication protocol.
    I've actually been amazed by the documentations that were shared on Elitepvpers forums about Silkroad's packets and proxies. However, they lacked a few important things, for example not being in a single well-ordered article that instructs you how/where to start your way in silkroad development, they don't start from a beginning level (you must have the knowledge of what a proxy is, what it does mean to hook an API, and what a DLL injection to name a few), and they are definitely uncomplete and outdated (the articles stopped 2012 or even earlier I believe).
    What really motivated me to rebirth (pub intended) the development topic, it's really an important step for anyone interested in Silkroad Online's Communication protocol, that is to understand the packets being sent/received at the client end. That's also important for anyone who wants to implement his own Silkroad Online bot or any packet-based automation tool. Nevertheless, these methods are essential for reverse engineering and understanding any communication protocol for not only silkroad online, the theory and methodologies could be implemented and applied on any game or application.

So, after a few playing with silkroad packets, I'm willing to write a few technical articles about my results, including the following topics:
    - Silkroad Packets strutures
    - DLL Injection
    - Writing your own DLL Injector
    - Writing your own API Hooks DLLs

Not sure if this post is in the right place or shall be posted in Suggestions section.

Much Regards
    0xCC00FFEE
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    ventje33, MuP, Kid and 2 others like this.
  2. katukaslt

katukaslt I ain't no killer, but don't push me.

Server:
    Rebirth
    Guild:
    Executors
    Union:
    Executors
    IGN:
    Katukas
    Rebirths:
    Race:
    European
    Well that sounds nice, but probably you should do that on developing forums.
  3. x30

x30 .:[5kR1p7 k1dd13]:. Staff Member

IGN:
    x30
    well we already built a set of development tools tho only closed source at the moment :D our proxy is allowing packet capture to db then we're using binary templates to parse them (and we've parsed a lot of em :D), tho it's lacking some features since it's based on php and it'd take too long to load all the reference data (relevant for example in the spawn packet), but i'm sure i can upgrade it to websockets (since i can finally use it behind ddos protection) and node.js to optimize things and allow the full functionality :D for the dll, i've already built a solid base for cabal, hooking some functions, and patching the asm at runtime, it'd be easy to port to sro and there's already a prebuilt base for hooks (sro++) that i can use as reference and i have most of the asm mods saved in an asm file (using multiasm for doin the edits) :D tho it's not based on vsro, we're basing it on csro-r files :p soo ... that's about where we stand currently :D if u think u're up for it, we'll create the section, tho it'll be some time till we'll contribute :)
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    redsees likes this.
  4. redsees

redsees 0xCC00FFEE

Server:
    Rebirth
    IGN:
    Jackies
    Rebirths:
    Race:
    European
    Actually that sounds nice, but I'm talking about spreading knowledge, a lot of people want to know how did you make all those stuff, further more, a lot want to make the same procedure of saying capturing specific communication packets, or change runtime code using hooks to apply it to some other game (other than silkroad) or maybe to an application, but they lack knowledge.

That's why I wanted to contribute here to start such project. I saw that the administrators here are a lot friendly (unlike a few other forums I know), that really contributed to my motivation for starting the project.
    MuP and x30 like this.
  5. MuP

MuP Mahna Mahna...m Staff Member

Guild:
    GoDLikE
    IGN:
    [GM]Mup
    redsees likes this.
  6. x30

x30 .:[5kR1p7 k1dd13]:. Staff Member

IGN:
    x30
    it's mutual :p if ya spread good knowledge, i'll definitely have to contribute too :D
    redsees likes this.
  7. redsees

redsees 0xCC00FFEE

Server:
    Rebirth
    IGN:
    Jackies
    Rebirths:
    Race:
    European