Terms of Service and Rules
Violations may result in temporary suspension from the official Silkroad.WS forums or permanent closure of the account in question.
Participating on the official Silkroad.WS forums is a privilege granted by Silkroad.WS Community, not a right, and may be revoked for a temporary or permanent duration.
1) CONTENT: The following sections outline language, expression, and naming of characters, accounts, or guilds, clear or masked, which is not allowed on the Silkroad.WS official forums.
A. Race, Ethnicity, Nationality, Life Choices, Religion, and Politics
- Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of racial, ethnic, national, life choice, religious, or political hatred or slurs.
- Anything related to politics.
- Anything related to religion.
B. Sexuality and Violence
- Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of excessively sexual or violent acts.
- Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of minors in sexual situations.
- Anything that insults or demeans any aspect of any sexual orientation.
- Anything construed as pornographic.
- Any references to violence occurring outside of Silkroad.WS.
C. Personal Information, Attacks, and Threats
- Any release of personal information about yourself, other individuals, or Silkroad.WS employees.
- Any language that can be perceived as an attack against other individuals or Silkroad.WS employees.
- Any threats, veiled or otherwise, made against yourself, other individuals, or Silkroad.WS employees.
D. Inappropriate Obscenity, Vulgarity, and Profanity
- Anything construed as referring to human anatomy or bodily functions inappropriately.
- Anything construed as excessively crude or offensive.
E. Illegal Activity
- Requesting, arranging, or offering copyright infringement (piracy), illegal activities, or illegal drugs.
- Discussing illegal activity committed personally.
F. Harassment and Defamatory Statements
- Anything construed as referring to other individuals or Silkroad.WS employees using any disallowed content or behavior.
G. Discussion of Moderator Action
- Excessive and direct reference to past, present, or future moderator action on the official Silkroad.WS forums.
- Excessive discussion or debate of the official Silkroad.WS forums rules.
H. Foreign Languages
- Use of foreign languages to circumvent moderation.
- "Calling out" other users or Silkroad.WS staff in the title or content of a thread or post.
2) BEHAVIOR: The following sections outline actions which are not allowed on the official Silkroad.WS forums.
- Any language or actions intended to disturb other individuals.
- Any disruption or exploitation of contests and promotions.
- Disruptive practical jokes on any day other than April 1.
B. Spamming and Post Content
- Excessive repetition of a single phrase, similar phrases, image or images, or incoherent gibberish.
- Excessive use of Caps Lock.
- "First posting".
- Posts with minimal or no content.
- Posts that do not contribute to the overall conversation.
- Threads or posts whose primary purpose is dramatic effect rather than substantive discussion.
- "Goodbye" threads. Please note, "goodbye" threads will result in immediate thread removal and the author's permanent suspension from the forums.
- Posts made only to "bump" a thread to the front page of that forum section.
- Any promotion of non Silkroad.WS commercial ventures.
- Acquiring items, currency, or any other in-game possessions from another individual through misinformation, confusion, or fraud.
- All forms of illegal or unfair gameplay including the use of third-party applications to improve performance.
F. Multiple Accounts and Impersonation
- Creation of multiple accounts by a single individual solely for use on the official forums.
- Creation of multiple accounts for the purpose of evading suspension or account closure.
- Any impersonation of other individuals, or Silkroad.WS employees. Note: All Silkroad.WS representatives are required to have a custom title denoting their position and employer, so you will always be aware of whom is a community representative.
- Misrepresentation of Silkroad.WS. This includes falsely quoting moderators or staff members, or quoting moderators or staff members in such a way that the content or context of the material quoted is changed.
H. Trading In-Game Items or Accounts for Real-World Currency
- Requesting, arranging, or offering the exchange of in-game items or accounts for real-world currency.
- Requesting, arranging, or offering the exchange of real-world currency.
3) MODERATOR PREROGATIVE: Interpretation of the above rules is at the sole discretion of the moderators. Content and behavior outside of these listed rules are also subject to moderator review and action. All decisions made by Silkroad.WS moderators are final.
4) ACCOUNT CLOSURE: Account closures executed by Silkroad.WS moderators are permanent. New accounts made by owners of closed accounts will be summarily closed.
5) PUBLIC IDENTITY: Public identities are subject to these rules. Account holders with public identities that are in violation of these rules may be contacted and asked to change their public identity or otherwise warned or suspended from the official Silkroad.WS forums. If a new appropriate public identity is not provided by the account holder in a reasonable amount of time, it will be changed to an appropriate public identity by Silkroad.WS staff.
Accounts found to be violating these rules may:
- Be given a warning.
- Be given a final warning where any further violations will result in suspension from the official Silkroad.WS forums or account closure.
- Be temporarily suspended from the official Silkroad.WS forums.
- Be permanently closed.
We encourage members to visit this thread every few days, terms may be changed at any time without notice.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content ("Content"). Content posted express the views of their author only.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.